
We are home now and settling into our new life together. The trip was great but about a week in all either of us could think about was how excited we were to get home and to really start living together. To get into the nitty gritty of life, but to enjoy the idea that from now on neither of us has to deal with any of it on our own.
Last night we went to a wedding, Congratulations Erik and Allison Johnson, the first we have been to since our day. Since our wedding we have been trying to recap our big day. The things that happened and the people we conversed with. The day happened so fast that all we are really left with is mental snipets or portions of the day. For example, I remember breaking the ice by anxiously saying "I will" a few lines too early, or I remember attempting to cut the rock hard cake. But one thing that has and will continually stay in the forefront of my mind is you, our friends and family. 

The word or idea I have constantly been thinking (and talking) about is blessing. Whether you gave us a nose hair trimmer or a new bed you have completely and entirely blessed our new life together. I believe that many years down the line when we look back on our marriage and recap the highs and lows I guarantee that your contribution has and will continute to be one of the greatest highs. Your many blessings have given us the best opportunity to succeed in our marriage.
Thank you family for your continued support. I continue to believe that our marriage is a reflection of the people you have taught us to be.
Thank you to our friends. All week one of the things I constantly heard from my father was, "You've chosen great friends." He is right. Not that Alyssa and I are friend snobs or anything but you truly are the best of the best. Be proud of that fact that you are some of the greatest people we have ever known.
May you recieve the blessings you have poured on us.

No comments:
Post a Comment