Saturday, March 14, 2009

Click!!!

I remember when I was a kid I used to love doing puzzles. I would sit for hours consructing these scenic landscapes or pictures of my favorite sports stars. There was always a moment when I had been working in which I went looking for that perfect fit. That one piece that would help me complete the puzzle. In my attempt I would stuff any and every piece into the space that it was made for but it would never fit. It wasnt until that perfect piece came and I was able to place it into that slot that it went...CLICK!

That is how my life has felt lately. I have spent the last few months going through the 'grind' of life and it wasnt until this Thursday when things began to go...click! This Thursday (as the post below mentions) we were nominated for Peace Corps service. The call couldnt have come at a better time when we needed to hear and feel the 'click' in our lives.

Everything about the impending nomination fit. We will be serving in a spainish speaking country (click!) in Central or South America (click!) in a rural village with no running water and little to no electricity (click!). Alyssa with be teaching kids (CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!) and I will be doing health education.

It is not that Peace Corps service is something that we have to do, or even something we were made to do, it is just that it is something different then what we are doing now (Disclaimer: I do not dislike what we are doing now, actually I quite like the job I have) The Peace Corps however is something that will allow us to to move forward and express our selves in the world. Hopefully we can change one small corner of the world and maybe in the process find out what we are supposed to with the rest of our lives.

The recent click moments in our lives have given us hope for our future that we hope will sustain us for the next few months.

May your life experience a major click like ours has.

-Paul

No comments: