Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Woe is the life of the wife of a college student

I know that I probably shouldn't say anything, but I cannot wait until May 14th so I can have my husband back. He's been a slave to school for the better part of our first (almost) year (already) of marriage. I couldn't be prouder of him. Paul has not only taken on a full load of courses, but worked part time on the side...with junior highers. He's also put up with me. I'm not sure how he hasn't lost it yet. Seriously.

Regardless, I cannot wait to have him back. For selfish reasons I'm looking forward to free reign over the computer and stereo without feeling the need to keep the noise down at a library level. I'll no longer be editing papers and hearing about the horror of single use plastics. Finally I'll be able to talk about all the books I've been reading without seeing that longing look in his eyes as he daydreams about reading for pleasure again. We might even be able to get out on the weekends with friends more than once every full moon!

Meanwhile I'm still unpacking from the move we made well over a week ago. Boxes still force us to squeeze through pathways from one room to the next, and we're searching for random things in random boxes at any random part of the day. The cat must believe we've created a playground of sorts for her as she's into everything and anything. She doesn't seem to care if it's the middle of the night and others are trying to sleep, or if the box she's forcing herself into head first is marked "fragile." Overall, the new place is great. It's both smaller and older than our last apartment, but definitely feels more like home.

Other than the move and countdown until Paul graduates, we've been enjoying our time with friends and family (see photos/posts below). Brenna visited in March for her birthday which was absolutely wonderful and just what I needed. We had the opportunity to get out to the east coast for a bit to see the new Nate and Emily Nichols get married, and say hello to the Richter grandparents. We're camping next week with some good friends from church, and continuing on with the process that is applying for the Peace Corps.

On a fantastic note, we just finished all of our medical paperwork and sent it off. Now we just sit back and wait. Hold on, I think I'm having de ja vu.

All in all, no complaints.

-Alyssa



2 comments:

Ed/Janet Quinlivan said...

Great pictures!
Janet

F said...

Congratulations on applying to Peace Corps. It's a long process but worth it! We'll definately be keeping up with you blog!

Foy

Peace Corps Volunteer in Panama
The one you met on your honeymoon