Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fleas 1, Quinlivans 0

Sally has fleas. Fleas are not fun, nor are they funny.
Just ask Sally.
Once your cat has fleas you have to bathe them. Some words not to use when describing bathing a cat are smooth, quick, painless, effortless, or enjoyable. However, the picture below does a pretty fantastic job of explaining what goes on during a cat bath.
The battle continues. As the cat begins to further clean herself, you begin to vacuum, wash, and treat everything the cat has, might, or could touch in hopes of sucking up or killing every flea in every stage of the life cycle. Sadly, this is an impossible task. The cat has been Frontlined, there is Borax in the carpets, I've vacuumed more in the past few weeks than my yearly average, and the fleas are jumping with excitement over all the commotion.

I'm beginning to realize that I have a cat, and cats get fleas. There is only so much I can do other than to sell the cat or move. Even though Paul's vote is for the first of the two, they aren't actually options. Therefore, we have fleas.

The fleas have won their battle. I'm over it.

1 comment:

Summer Girl said...

You know that we don't have fleas in Utah?? Truely, never have to buy Frontline, but having grown up with MANY cats/kittens I do remember the joys that associate them. Of course I think you might prefer fleas to an 80lb German Shepherd who knows how to open doors and RV pad gates in seconds! My oh so clever Briggsy. :)