Last night, Paul and I compiled a master packing list. Much to our dismay, it is long, but thankfully only a starting point. Packing for two years is proving more extensive than we had originally thought.
We've also been editing our "to do" list before we leave. This one is even longer. The next few months may be a little crazy, and that may be an understatement.
As of right now, our plan is to be out of our apartment January 5th to drive all of our remaining belongings up to Washington state, where my parents will graciously hold onto and care for our stuff (including Sally cat) while we're gone. About a week later, we'll fly to the east coast to visit with some extended family and friends. Then it's back to San Diego for two weeks until we fly to Miami. During that time, hopefully everything will be done, and we'll relax with family and friends.
So many people have asked me questions lately that I thought it might be a good idea to answer some of them here. If you have any questions, please comment, and we'll respond. :)
Alyssa
3 comments:
holy cow! I finally found someone else thats going to be in Guy22. My wife is going to be doing health education, I'll be doing education in general. How about yall? Also - here is a link to a facebook club that I am attempting at starting for our group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=177061038430&ref=search&sid=100000325095682.199796760..1
How cool.
Hey guys!!! This is so exciting! We have been so excited to find the people who are going with us to Guyana. My husband and I are going to Guyana on February 9, 2010 as well and now we finally know someone. Even better, you guys are married too! This is awesome!
If it helps here's a link to our packing list and some updates about how we felt about what we packed. I'm sure you have it a little different because you are going to a different country, but at least it is still Central America:
http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2007/05/day-2-pre-service-training.html
http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2007/05/jeffpost-sorry-for-redundancy-i-have.html
http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2008/07/what-to-wear-in-panama.html
Post a Comment