*Important note*
For the next two months we should have consistent access to the infoweb. Which means we will have consistent access to updating our blog. Because we have already been here a week and I could honestly write 20 pages about our experience so far we are going to try and write a few posts at a time but time delay the posts so we dont overload all of you with information. What this really means is the a post may be released a week from now but would have been written today. You still tracking...Good. Its our plan to post pictures with every blog post but because service can be slow we may not be able to.
Also, because we are now officially government employees our safety is paramount. To insure our safety we are prohibited from mentioning our exact locations. We can tell you regions or generalities but not specifics. For now we can tell you we are safe on the Essequibo coast (S-A-QUEEBO) *
An absolute whirlwind of an adventure. We left San Diego at 6am February 5th and found ourselves in New York at 2:30pm EST. The flight represented a major step in the journey. Until the flight everything had merely been talk and not actually a part of the trip. For the first time during our whole process, I (Paul) became emotional. Alyssa looked over at me during take off the see my face full of tears at the realization that I would not see the sweet Pacific, feel cold (ever), or see you, our family and friends for a long time.
My emotions however were short lived for once we got off the plane we were thrown into the absolute chaos that is Peace Corps staging. Meeting our team of Guyana 22, signing paper work, learning about the PC expectations for our time of service, and attempting to find a few seconds to breathe consumed our time.
After our staging sessions we jumped on a chartered bus and headed to the airport to catch our plane to Georgetown, Guyana.
Heres the make up of our group:
-19 girls and 16 guys (Total = 35 people)
-17 are Community Education volunteers
-18 are Community Health outreach volunteers
-11 people from California (Majority, YEA!!!)
4 comments:
HI,
Thanks for the update and many more.
Ed and Janet
:) I love you guys! I look forward to hearing about your amazing adventures!!!!
It is so exciting to relive the whole staging and 1st meeting of PCV's--many of whom are now some of my best friends.
Enjoy the journey!!
Love and prayers, Kiki
Thanks for sharing guys..Paul, I can't imagine you becoming emotional...but I am glad you fought the manly stereotype
Post a Comment