Sunday, March 27, 2011

Things That We Appreciate and Miss (now that we are home)

We apologize that it has been such a long time between posts. I decided that it would be a good idea to share with all of you some of the things that we appreciate about the U.S.A. now that we are home and some of the things that we miss from Monkey Mountain. I (Paul) have been attempting to add one item to this list every day as a way of readjusting to life back in the states. Check it out:

Things I Appreciate

-Good, cold beer
-Health care (trust me, we are not socialists)
-Instant communication
-The cold in general
-Good infrastructure (cities, businesses, etc.)
-Proper community development
-Christian community
-Food choices (Bread, fruits and veggies everyday, orange chicken)
-The quiet
-personal space
-Ice cream
-Cold rain
-Democracy
-Friends
-Family
-Choices, choices, choices!
-Healthy dog
-Fire places
-Reliable transportation
-Customer service
-Veterinary care
-Blue water

Things I Miss
-Focus on the family
-The village life
-Some people in the village
-Freedom
-Nature
-Warmth
-Lisa and Marlon (Our neighbors)
-Stillness/ sound of silence
-Heat
-Hikes
-Bathing in waterfalls
-Nature sounds
-Owning our own house
-Hammock time
-Not being forced to spend money
-Exotic animals
-The sun
-Simplicity!!!

1 comment:

Chris Colburn said...

I just want to make sure that "Coors" fits into the "good" beer category!