Thursday, June 30, 2011

Going Back to School

Alyssa and I having both been talking about going back to school ever since we came back from Guyana. Alyssa feels like she needs a few years of professional teaching experience before she goes back so it looks like it will be my turn first. 

As of Wednesday of last week I am officially attending Mars Hill Graduate School, soon to be The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology. I'm going to be getting a degree in Christian Studies with an emphasis in global and social partnerships.  Here is the school's description for my program:
 "The Global and Social Partnership Track trains students in developing a mutual relationship with the world based on humility, curiosity, and context while advocating on behalf of God, humanity, and creation. Students learn to engage their local community with a global perspective, marked by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, while mindful of the shift toward a post colonial context."
Sounds sweet, huh?

I just registered for the fall yesterday and I will be taking some really sweet classes like the Intro to Hermeneutical Task: the Art of Reading Beyond Page, Faith, Hope and Love: ultimate relationship concerns and Interpersonal Foundations. As Alyssa said after the first time we visited the campus, "this place is made for you."

I still have no idea what I will use this degree for, but living overseas is coming into our conversations more and more frequently. As for now we have faith that this is where we need to be for this season of our lives. 

Pray for direction!

1 comment:

Sara K said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you!