Sunday, August 17, 2008

Two Months In

Us in Panama. :)


So we're a little over two months into this whole marriage thing and life is settling down. A constant adventure and learning process, Paul is realizing that he now lives with a girl, and I am realizing that I now live with a boy. I must say it is a little different. Good, but different.

While we've enjoyed getting the apartment finalized and back into a routine with work and such, we've had an absolute blast during our free time together over the summer. We've managed a few hikes, hit up the Wild Animal Park, gone to the beach, and enjoyed two movies in the park near our apartment (nevermind the fact that they were both, in fact, children's movies). We've been to two weddings since our own, started going to a new church near our apartment, hosted a board game night, and have almost finished our thank you cards. We've had friends in town, gone to see friends, and made new ones. Speaking of friends, Paul has also found a new addiction to my ten seasons of Friends on DVD (I couldn't be happier/prouder).

Overall, the journey has been nothing less than great so far. We're going on a backpacking trip in two weeks to get away and enjoy the great outdoors together. Paul has already pulled all the gear out of the garage and has begun packing. He even loaded down his pack with weight to "see how it feels". Did I mention we don't leave for two weeks? I'm sure he'll update you with more on that soon.
-Alyssa

No comments: