Monday, September 22, 2008

Vectors, 3 months in


A good friend and mentor of mine likes to refer to his life in terms of vectors, which in mathematical terms essentially refers to directions. A vector can be long or short, steep or flat, but the primary basis for a vector is that it is continually moving. Such is life.


Whether we want life to slow down so we can cherish the important moments or whether we wish for life to speed up so we can get through the daily grind we can not escape the fact that our vectors are moving and changing the way in which we view life.


Recently, Alyssa and I have begun a new vector in our life. One with new challenges.

I have started, what I hope to be the final year of my undergraduate degree, followed by a new position in a local youth ministry. While Alyssa continues the "grind" of a medical office. Our schedules have left us apart for a large majority of the week. However, I am starting to feel that it is also giving us a unique appreciation for each other. While the time apart can sometimes be needed and most necessary, I find that after time I long for her relationship.
While marriage can be a challenge, we have so far risen to it. God is continually creating new vectors for us to engage with while granting us a greater understanding of love. May you find and engage in your vecotrs.
-Paul

No comments: