Paul and I aren't generally Barbados vacation people. We usually prefer something with adventure and hiking. However, after almost one year in the Peace Corps, we were ready for something a little plush and relaxing. We had the chance, after Christmas, to take a vacation with Paul's best friend Nate and his wife Emily! It was amazing, to say the least. They're great people and we had so much fun together. The perfect couple to spend a week with!
The beaches were so beautiful! The water was crystal clear and the sand was littered with shells.
Seriously, there were a lot of shells.
Paul was able to get a couple of hours in surfing too.
I know that I grew up watching the sun set over the ocean, but it was breathtaking anyways. We caught the sunset every night that we could, and even on the cloudiest day, it did not disappoint us.
The one tourist type thing that we did was take a lunch cruise on a catamaran that took us to two different snorkeling locations. We swam with sea turtles, plenty of fish, and explored sunken ships. After the snorkeling, we had lunch, then sailed along the west coast of the island back to port.
It is incredibly difficult to get a picture of two people underwater. Trying to fit into the frame of a camera held by someone also underwater led to some funny photos.
Look guys! It's a turtle!
"Hi Mr. Turtle!"
This turtle bit Paul's foot! Thankfully it was more like a nibble than an actual bite!
I love you!
Paul was brave enough to swim through some of the dark ships. I swam through one and scraped up my leg. Go figure.
We had such a wonderful time! Words can't even express it. We enjoyed delicious food, I read three books, we swam in clean water, and spent some much needed time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment