Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's November?

I am overdue for a blog update as Paul has been doing pretty much all of them since we came back from Guyana.  Honestly, I didn't feel like there was much to talk about.  We were living with my parents for the first few months, moved to work at a camp for the summer, and are now living in Seattle.  I guess that's where I'll pick up.

We moved to Seattle in September for Paul's graduate school.  I never thought I'd like living in city but Seattle is amazing!  We can walk to the grocery store, a library, the post office, breakfast, lunch, dinner - you name it.  It is fall and I know that by the weather and not just by a calendar.  I now have a job working as a nanny for an absolutely amazing family.  They have four wonderful children and I'm so thankful I found them (and they found me).  They were worth the wait in my search for the right family to work with, and though the hours are long I always wake up ready to go to work and excited for my day.  No complaints.

Not only have we been horrible at updating the blog, but I think we've taken about 10 pictures since we came back 9 months ago.  I'll post a few so at least you know we really are alive.

We went to a pumpkin patch with some friends from Paul's school.  It was so good to get outside and pick pumpkins, go on a hay ride, and do something cliche for fall.  I've missed my favorite season.




Paul met a guy at school that also surfs.  They are now friends as though they've known one another for years.  They took Sa'sa to the beach a few weeks ago.  



Maybe I'll get some pictures from the summer at camp up here soon.  Maybe.  Just maybe.

2 comments:

Chelsea Tibbs said...

It's great to read your update! I am glad both you and Paul are feeling fulfilled and happy. We miss you! We only have 5 months left in Guyana and then we will be home too and will have to meet up and reunite. Enjoy the holiday season and all the yummy food that America has to offer. Sending you both tons of love!

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you are loving Seattle! Sa'sa is so BIG now! And I have to laugh because the shoes you are wearing in the first picture are my staple work shoes that I have bought multiple pairs of! You have good taste! haha! So nice to read your update!