I'm sitting on a bench on the veranda and I am content. The sun is starting to set behind the house and the breeze is blowing. This is the time of day I stop sweating, until I try to fall asleep. The kids are playing in the trench, which is really quite gross if you know what goes in there. They've taken several rice bags filled with empty plastic bottles, and tied them together to make rafts. They're having a good time pushing one another off of them. It's good to hear kids laugh. Paul got a couple of pictures too.
Today has been slightly rough. We've both had our first experience with diarrhea, which is a loose term around here. It makes you nervous even though there are numerous reasons you can get it, most of which are harmless. I spent most of the afternoon reading about health issues we might face while here which only led to more frustration and feeling like I had a fever. I keep telling myself this too shall pass, whatever it may be, from the rashes I get from constantly sweating to the favorite topic of volunteers - diarrhea. While being sick is something we're all anxious about, it's inevitable. I'm glad I have Paul to make sure I'm okay, and to comfort me when there is little else that does.
Alyssa
(Taken from an earlier journal entry. We're fine, in case you wanted an update)
2 comments:
Hope you are feeling better.
Ed and Janet
I know all too well the sickness that can come with Peace Corps life. I pray that you recovered quickly and have a great Medical Officer.
Your blogs are awesome.
We got to hang out with Kiki and Austin last nite to celebrate their engagement---Very exciting
God Bless,
Post a Comment