Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chigger Chigger Bo Bigger

Friday, June 18, 2010: Day 132

I was lounging in my hammock, minding my own business when I felt pain like a splinter on the bottom of my foot.  I pulled my big toe up to my face only to discover my very first chigger!  Now that's one for a baby book.  It may sound exciting, but it's not.  That thing hurt to dig out - oh my goodness how it hurt.  I had to have Paul pick it out for me because I became too grossed out when the egg sack started coming out.  Two years in dermatology and I can't even pick a chigger out of my own foot.  What a wimp.  He had to dig for the black part, and it hurt so bad I flung my arm and hit him in the face.

Poor Paul.  He married a complete clutz.

Here are some more pictures from the "flying peanuts" that we talked about in a previous post.

Lisa and Marlon knocking them down with sticks

the pile the kiddos collected

1 comment:

Ed/Janet Quinlivan said...

That sounds like it hurts.