Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gardening 101

Monday, June 21, 2010: Day 135

I've found that I really enjoy gardening.  I destress as soon as I walk out back, multitool in hand.  It really does make me happy.  My mom and Paul's mom sent us some seeds, and I went to work.  I weeded a bit, transplanted the green peppers, put my herb seeds into containers to start growing, and decided to keep going.  I planted zuccini, four types of squash, cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, and more pumpkin.  I put sunflower seeds inside the fenced area for fear the donkeys will eat the petals before my sunflowers grow to their full height.

My mom sent me a book on growing vegetables, and I've already read it cover to cover.  I think I found a new passion.

Paul working on the garden before we had it going.

This is more or less what it looked like mid-July.

baby cassava

1 comment:

Ed/Janet Quinlivan said...

I hope every thing grows like a rainforest.
Love