I've already bathed. I'm in my pajamas, enjoying one of my favorite parts of the day - reading under the comfort of our mosquito net. Paul is taking his own bucket bath but he hasn't taken out enough water (see previous post titled, "Paul is high maintenance"). He calls for me to bring out another half of a bucket. I get out of bed, out from under the comfort of the mosquito net, in my pajamas, to get him more water.
Thankfully, my headlamp was on my head, because behind the bucket of water I saw a tail. A few weeks ago I'd seen a fat, brown mouse run up our wall into the thatched roofing. We'd bought a sticky mouse trap in Georgetown only there'd been no trace of a mouse since, until two days ago when I found a mouse turd inches from my Bible and only TWO INCHES from where we eat. Yuck. I really wanted to catch that fat, brown mouse and didn't care what fate it saw.
This mouse, however, was small and gray and cute, with tiny black eyes with fear written in them. Paul had to come in, all soapy, to assist. Armed each with a headlamp and cutlass, we tried to coax it onto the sticky paper. I call out, "Sharlee!" She did not disappoint.
Moments after Paul and I attempted to get the mouse onto the trap as it ran up the wall and along the sideboards, it found its way under the door. I pulled it open only to see a frightened little furball with tiny black eyes standing in shock, not knowing what to do with its freedom. That's when Sharlee ran forward and pulled it into her mouth. She went running as we heard a few, "Squeak! Squeaks!" and then nothing. Poor little helpless fuzzy gray mouse with tiny black eyes. If I had a terrarium I would have kept it, but it just couldn't be roaming the house.
This is Sharlee
2 comments:
Great mouse catcher. Keep the dog.
Love
cute pup!
Post a Comment