Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Guyanese French Toast

1-2 onions, chopped fine
Shallots
1-2 cloves of garlic
6 eggs
Splash of milk
Bread
Margarine

1. Beat onion, garlic, and shallots into eggs. Add a splash of milk and beat a little more until frothy.

2. Dredge slices of bread through mixture.

3. Place on hot, greased pan. Brown on each side.

1 comment:

F said...

Yummy! I like the idea of savory French toast.
I really got into making "eggie in a basket" a while back, actually while in Panama. Just make bread, slice it, put a hole in the slice. Then heat a skillet with a little oil in it. Brown one side of the bread, flip it over, crack the egg into the hole, cook until egg is as done as you want it, sprinkle a little salt and enjoy. I bet it would be good with onion too.