Thursday, October 14, 2010
Sweet Little Amerindian Babies
Sunday, August 1, 2010: Day 176
Paul is not going to like this post. I already know it.
The babies here are beautiful. They have big brown eyes and chubby little legs peeking out from the slings their mothers carry them in. I told Paul I'd love to have a beautiful Amerindian baby. He said he can't help me there. :) Thankfully he knew what I really meant.
Anyway, we walked into church this morning a little late. The pastor's wife was standing at the pulpit, giving announcements, with a baby on her breast. Then the baby began to cry. The mama just kept talking and the baby just kept crying. Nobody cares. There were no whispers about how annoying the baby was. No shushing could be heard. I love that about here. Everyone understands that babies need to eat and that they cry, even when it's inconvenient for the adults.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment